b-hebrew - Re: Galia Hatav's excellent book

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Galia Hatav's excellent book
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 08:25:20 -0700

> > For more on
> > this, see Galia Hatav's excellent book.
> >
> > Dave Washburn
> >
> Which one's that?
> Soren Holst

"The Semantics of Aspect and Modality," published by John
Benjamins. While I disagree with her about the idea of sequence,
her observations about modality filled in a HUGE gap in my own
approach.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to
overcome, stubborness is stupid." Simone de Beauvoir