b-hebrew - RE: 1 Samuel 1:1-20 Verbal Sequences

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Trevor & Julie Peterson" <spedrson AT thesimpsons.com>
  • To: "Joseph Brian Tucker" <music AT riverviewcog.org>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: 1 Samuel 1:1-20 Verbal Sequences
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 06:49:27 -0400

Bryan is probably a good one to get information from on this sort of thing.
In fact, he's written an introductory Hebrew grammar that incorporates
discourse analysis into first year Hebrew. (I don't know if it's been
published yet, but I was able to buy an unpublished copy from him a year or
two ago.) At the time it was called "A New Approach to Learning Biblical
Hebrew Using Discourse Analysis." It's a good resource if your grammar is a
little rusty and you want to kill two birds with one stone, or if you expect
to end up teaching Hebrew grammar. He also refers you to other writers like
Longacre and Niccacci (who frequents this list, BTW). If you want the DA
without the grammar instruction, they would be good sources to try.

Trevor Peterson

  • RE: 1 Samuel 1:1-20 Verbal Sequences, Trevor & Julie Peterson, 06/11/2000