b-hebrew - Sexuality in the HB!!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jason Hare <parousia_occ AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Sexuality in the HB!!
  • Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2000 10:37:10 -0700 (PDT)

Have you taken time to notice how many sexual
connotations are made in the HB? I mean we discuss
things all the time on this board that we eventually
bring some kind of sexual meaning onto. I just
thought it might be of some interest to watch for that
and see how often it happens. We have recently been
discussing the "uncover nakedness of..." passage and
the "stones" from Ecc. 3. These are only two of the
MANY that we have discussed. I just think it
interesting.

Did the ancient Jews really focus so much on sex? And
why is it that so much is negative and not as much
positive (Song of Songs excepted)? Just interested.
:-)

Jason