b-hebrew - RE: Gen 6:3a

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Liz Fried" <lizfried AT umich.edu>
  • To: "Ben Crick" <ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Gen 6:3a
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2000 09:50:29 -0500

This does it!
Thanks a lot!
I (stupidly) hadn't considered the b-$-gam alternative. (very red-faced)
If the second alternative is correct ($gg), would the author be placing
flesh as the source of sin??
I think the first alternative must be the one the author had in mind.
Flesh isn't evil per se, but the source of man's frailty.