b-hebrew - Re: BH: Hebrew Aspects

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: BH: Hebrew Aspects
  • Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 14:51:15 -0500

I don't think I was assuming this. I hope not, as it is one of the
things which I might hope to demonstrate! Of course only Samuel and
the early part of Kings could possibly be this early. Indeed I was
trying not to assume anything, but I was suggesting that the language
differences show that Samuel-Kings was written some time either before
or (less probably) after Chronicles. But a century or so time
difference is more than long enough, especially if the traumatic
events of the exile and return come between the two books.

Peter Kirk