b-hebrew - Velikovsky

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Velikovsky
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 19:07:31 +0100

At 07.08 17/02/00 -0700, Dave Washburn wrote:
>[Ian] lumps Rohl, about whom he actually knows virtually
>nothing,...

(Dave, not knowing what I know about Rohl, is writing non-sense.)

>...with Velikovsky. [..] The fact is, lumping Rohl with Velikovsky without
>even doing Rohl the courtesy of reading him is simple ad hominem,
>backed up with guilt by association.

This is an ad hominem against Velikovsky. Rohl was linked to Velikovsky for
the reason that these people and the others I mentioned advocate
revisionist chronologies. In fact, Rohl uses Velikovsky's basic ideas and
methods. Give Velikovsky a little credit.

If Dave disagrees with this analysis, hopefully he will do better than say
shamefacedly, "you're wrong!!" as he has done in the past. Facts are hard
to find in his posts.

Ian

  • Velikovsky, Ian Hutchesson, 02/17/2000