b-hebrew - Samson

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Banyai Michael" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Samson
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2000 16:54:57

George Athas wrote:

> Yes, I was in fact referring to this claim. My memory fails me on this one
> too, though. I
> haven't, however, heard of a connection between Samson and Achilles. Both
> have the love of
> a woman (Delilah in Samson's case, Briseis in Achilles' case) as a real
> thorn
> in the side,
> and both meet tragic ends which happen to facilitate a great defeat of the
> enemy.

Have you ever thought about the parallel between Samson and Enkidu?...
The later seems to be, what Samson was, a Nasirean. His hair wear (in
Babylonian representations frequently wrongy attributed to Gilgamesh) is
similar, he looses his magic "Nasirean" strength by a woman. So on...

Best regards,

Banyai Michael

  • Samson, Banyai Michael, 02/06/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Samson, Charles David Isbell, 02/06/2000
    • Re: Samson, Polycarp66, 02/06/2000
    • Re: Samson, Charles David Isbell, 02/06/2000