b-hebrew - Pentateuch

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Banyai Michael" <banyai AT t-online.de>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Pentateuch
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 16:54:24

>[JSafrem] A horde of 2,000,000 stretching out 100-200 km wouldn't have
>been able to see the pillar of fire, both because of the distance of
>most of the Israelites from the pillar and because of the curvature of
>the earth.

The well known problem in the cinema, if a tall person sits in front of
us...

May I go the other direction, but you have surely heared about the Tyndall
phaenomenon. It is a reflection of light, which might enhance far off light
sources, in highly poluted atmosphere. Like during a volcanic eruption. For
example of Thera...

Best regards,

Banyai Michael

  • Pentateuch, Banyai Michael, 01/26/2000