b-hebrew - Re: Genesis and Gilgamesh/Exod 15

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Genesis and Gilgamesh/Exod 15
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 20:32:22 +0100

At 10.27 21/01/00 +0200, John Ronning wrote:

>I posted this information about a year ago, at which time
>Ian also tried to smear it by associating it with the name
>of that swindler David Rohl, just as he is doing now -
>reminds me of remarks made recently about "flawed
>methodologies" (ignoring inconvenient facts).

I simply don't see the difference between the two. You ride this horse and
Peter rides the other one, so of course each favours the one you're on.

Speculative identifications are rarely persuasive, especially when they are
natural phenomena that don't have signs on them. It's hard to doubt that
this place is Babylon when we have prior indications of location and
epigraphy to name the place.

Ian