b-hebrew - Re: Gilgamesh and such

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Gilgamesh and such
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jan 2000 06:37:13 -0700

> Niels Peter Lemche wrote:
>
> > And according to Exod 15, the exodus only stopped when they entered the
> > mountain of God, i.e. when the temple was built.

This seems like quite a leap to me. I don't see where entering the
"mountain of God" is equivalent to "when the temple was built."
Several expressions are used in close proximity in this poem, and
that plus the fact that it is a poem should give us a little pause
when it comes to trying to identify specifics.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
Psalm 86:11

  • Re: Gilgamesh and such, Dave Washburn, 01/20/2000