b-hebrew - Re[2]: SV: Gilgamesh and Genesis 1:1

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Peter Kirk"<peter_kirk AT sil.org>
  • To: <lmartin AT vol.com>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: SV: Gilgamesh and Genesis 1:1
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 18:58:19 -0500

Often? A few weeks ago I asked on this list for examples of this and
from the list I received I found just one clear example, and in that
case the following verb was WAYYIQTOL (which cannot be separated from
its WAW) rather than WE-X QATAL. Can you send me more? I exclude cases
like WAYHIY BE-... WE-... where there is a verb with the temporal
indicator - the case under discussion is a hanging prepositional phrase
with no verb and separated from the following clause by WE-.

Peter Kirk