b-hebrew - Re: Surprise! as element of HUMOR for which sudden turns of events is key

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Harold Helm <sundance AT neosoft.com>
  • To: Ruthy & Baruch <alster AT comandcom.com>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Surprise! as element of HUMOR for which sudden turns of events is key
  • Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2000 03:33:22 -0600

"Tomorrow's child: imagination, creativity, and the rebirth of culture"
by Rubem A. Alves may help per SURPRISE e.g. in liberation theological
perspective as an element of HUMOR where sudden turns of events is key
> From: "Ruthy & Baruch" <alster AT comandcom.com>
> Amos Frisch of the Bible department), on surprise in Biblical narrative
many paradoxes and some satire uses SURPRISE as a pivotal element
> 6. Does anyone know of research in this subject in related ancient
> literature (apocrypha, Christian Bible, Rabbinic, ANE)?
"The Humor of Christ" by Elton Trueblood (a Quaker) may give perspective
> stories themselves, I will try to bring anything interesting up for
> discussion on-list.
Please detail what you mean by SURPRISE or sudden change/ HOPE stories
-which Hebrew words are KEY to your study?
> Kol Tuv,
> Baruch Alster
> Kochav Ya`akov, Israel

cheers - Harold Helm <sundance AT neosoft.com> Houston TX USA

  • Re: Surprise! as element of HUMOR for which sudden turns of events is key, Harold Helm, 01/03/2000