b-hebrew - Re: Book search

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Tim & Judi Walton" <tjwalton AT i-manila.com.ph>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Book search
  • Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:16:41 +800

Ray Clendenen@BSSBNOTES
12/23/99 12:17 PM

I'm looking for a book titled, On Tracing the Line of Syntactic
Dependence, by J(anet) W. Dyk. Does anyone know anything about the book
(publisher etc)? Amazon etc. doesn't know about it, but it was recommended
to me somewhere by someone. I believe it has at least an indirect
relevance to Biblical Hebrew.

Ray Clendenen
Broadman & Holman

Ray,

I'm not sure about the exact title you requested but Janet's dissertation, Participles in Context: A Computer-Assisted Study of Old Testament Hebrew," was published in 1994 by VU University Press in Amsterdam. I'm not sure of the relationship between the title you want and this book but there does seem to be some overlap. If you are unable to get the information you want, I can give you an e-mail address for Janet off-list.

HTH,
Tim

INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL OF THEOLOGY - ASIA
QCCPO BOX 1495-1154;  QUEZON CITY, PHILIPPINES
E-MAIL tjwalton AT i-manila.com.ph; HOME PH. 632-921-5330
OFFICE PH. 632-454-4546;  FAX 632-454-4552