b-hebrew - RE: Re[4]: JEDP (Melchizedek) (NPL)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Re[4]: JEDP (Melchizedek) (NPL)
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 13:49:53 +0100

Niels Peter wrote:
>According to Abegg, Flint and Ulrich, The Dead Sea Scroll Bible, Harper
>1999, there is no evidence of Psalm 110 (they say maybe lost because of a
>lacuna in the mss), and the order of psalms is different , they have 103,
>112, 109, 113, 114.

Interesting, isn't it? Different order? One would expect 110 after 109 if
it had already been current. Well, maybe it was elsewhere in the
manuscripts. But I have the idea that psalms were still being written
during Qumran times. That's why the manuscripts don't necessarily reflect
the canonical order.

Cheers,

Ian