b-hebrew - inf absolutes?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ROGLAND AT rullet.LeidenUniv.nl
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: inf absolutes?
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 08:54:28 +0100 (MET)

> is there a comprehensive study of the infinitive absolute? form, syntax,
> distribution, semantics, etc, etc? if not, it ought to be done: it's not
> that big of a project.

Mark Smith gave a paper last month on the inf. abs. at a congress
in Beer Sheva. I assume it will appear in the proceedings when
they are published (E.J. Brill).

A doctoral dissertation on the subject is being prepared by Shigeo
Takeuchi, though I don't know when it will be finished, and it
will be written in Japanese (though I've heard that the Hebrew
tense-aspect system is very similar to the Japanese...). You
could e-mail him at: atake AT cc.kyoto-su.ac.jp

Best wishes,

Max Rogland, Leiden University

  • inf absolutes?, Vincent DeCaen, 11/29/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • inf absolutes?, ROGLAND, 11/30/1999