b-hebrew - Debtor (Ron) on figs

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: shella <shella AT cswnet.com>
  • To: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Debtor (Ron) on figs
  • Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 16:22:23 -0800

Dear freinds, just a word here about figs. I suffer from gout. Figs and
cherries are
a great natural help. According to my studies on this point, figs are the
number one
food to control certain types of acids. Hope this helps some. Debtor, Ron.

peter_kirk AT sil.org wrote:

> If you are interested, I could probably find you a wealth of
> information about the use of pomegranates and figs in folk medicine
> here in Azerbaijan, some of which may well go back to the folk
> medicine of the ancient Near East. Also I read that Pliny the elder
> mentioned pomegranates as a universal remedy. No doubt the same
> phenomena would be explained by modern medicine in terms of these
> fruits being a valuable source of vitamins. But very likely they were
> valued simply as tasty fruit. Have you ever eaten fresh pomegranate?
> It is a much valued part of my own daily diet at this time of year.
>
> Peter Kirk

> _________________________________
> Subject: dt 8:8
> Author: <jwest AT highland.net> at Internet
> Date: 19/11/1999 11:25
>
> the list of products here are interesting to me for a number of reasons. i
> am fairly sure that wheat was used for human consumption, barley for feeding
> animals, vines for the production of wine, figs...???, just a snack i
> suppose, pomegranates...???? , olive oil for lamps etc, and honey for
> sweetener.
>
> what i am wondering about is if anyone knows of particular cultic or
> pharmaceutical uses for pomegranates or figs.
>
> thanks,
>
> Jim

> $subst('Email.Unsub')
>
> ---
> You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: shella AT cswnet.com
begin:vcard
n:Pound;Dr. R. E.
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
version:2.1
email;internet:shella AT cswnet.com
fn:Dr. R. E. Pound
end:vcard

  • Debtor (Ron) on figs, shella, 11/19/1999