b-hebrew - Courtesy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: jharper AT ix.netcom.com
  • To: ronning AT nis.za
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Courtesy
  • Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 15:52:12 -0500 (EST)

If I didn't know better, I'd think there was an epidemic of PMS on this list!

I've been here on and off for almost 3 years, and never have I seen such
disrespect as I have in
the past few days. Scholarly debate is not facilitated by sarcasm, nor is it
enhanced by insult.
Argumentum ad hominem, IMHO, has NO place here.

Henry Kissenger once said that the reason why academic disputes are so
vitriolic is precisely
because the stakes are so small. So, can our disputants please stop mooning
one another and let's
get on with learning?

Thank you.

J.
not the moderator, but really tired of all these p****r contests

  • Courtesy, jharper, 11/14/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Courtesy, Ian Hutchesson, 11/14/1999