b-hebrew - re: jot and tittle

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: re: jot and tittle
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 20:38:58 -0500

Henry,
What were you implying when you said that some folk use the idea of myths in
ancient israel for their own advantage- and then offered a link to a blurb
about Thompson's book? Are you suggesting that Thompson is merely
interested in making a buck from the sale of his book? I hope not, because
then the same accusation would have to be made against everyone who
publishes something.
I have read the book, by the way, as well as Keith Whitelam's and Lemche's.
I would suggest that others do the same, as it is grossly unfair to
criticize something one has never read.

Jim

Jim West, ThD
jwest AT highland.net