b-hebrew - Re: Nor Is It Necessarily Not So

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Dapila Fabian <f.dapila AT nul.ls>
  • To: Ita Sheres <isheres AT mail.sdsu.edu>, Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nor Is It Necessarily Not So
  • Date: Sun, 07 Nov 1999 06:07:50 +0200

I think it will be helpful if somebody could forward to the list the
Herzog's essay as well. It will allow for a fruitful and more objective
participation and discussion of the topic by all. Otherwise, most of us
will only be able listen to the well-informed on the topic.

At 05:45 nm 1999/11/06 -0800, Ita Sheres wrote:
>I agree with Ian Hutchesson's comments on the Shanks piece. I find it
>distressing that presumed scholars adopt the tactics and discourse of
>politics in order to score scholarly points that they cannot otherwise
>make. I didn't read Herzog's essay (and I'd be interested in reading it)
>but Shanks' response was a real turn-off; it sounded alot like some cnn
>"crossfire" hosts who attack the personalities of their opposition
>when they have nothing of substance to say.
>
>Ita Sheres.
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: f.dapila AT nul.ls
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Dr. Dapila, N. Fabian
Dept. of Theology and Religious Studies
The National University of Lesotho
P.O. Roma 180, Lesotho, Southern Africa