b-hebrew - Re: To Jack & Jim on Fonts

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: To Jack & Jim on Fonts
  • Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 22:55:42 -0500

This sounds like a problem with the shift to Unicode, which I am
familiar with with other non-Roman scripts and moving to Word 97. The
fonts may be incorrectly marked for Unicode, e.g. as symbol fonts, or
not as symbol fonts. You may be able to get round this by typing in
another font and then switching to the appropriate font. Try out a few
combinations and see if it works.

Peter Kirk