b-hebrew - Re: Chapters & Verses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Ruthy & Baruch" <alster AT comandcom.com>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Chapters & Verses
  • Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 21:54:55 +0200

Jim wrote:

> Stephanus, 1551, so folk could more easily find what they were looking
for.

Wasn't it Stephen Langdon? And I thought it was before the first Miqra'ot
Gedolot.

By the way, Menachem Ben Yashar wrote an article on this subject (in
Hebrew) in an issue of `iyune miqra uparshanut, Bar Ilan University's bible
periodical. I don't remember what issue, but it shouldn't be too hard to
find - only four have been put out so far.

Baruch Alster
Kochav Ya'akov, Israel