b-hebrew - Re: Re[4]: Rohl (was: yrw$lym)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Dave Washburn" <dwashbur AT nyx.net>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Re[4]: Rohl (was: yrw$lym)
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 07:28:51 -0700

Peter,
> >>Once again you're demonstrating that you haven't read the book.
> >
> >First demonstrate that there is some reason to read it.
> >
> >PK: You don't have to read the book if you don't want to, but I would
> >have thought that the danger of being made to look ridiculous in this
> >forum would be enough reason to read the book before commenting on it
> >at such length.
>
> You are putting forward (as it seemed Dave was) support for this
> neo-ages-in-chaos position...
>
> PK: No name calling please.

I have given up trying to discuss this with Ian, and I would suggest
you do the same. Without coming out and saying it, he doesn't
feel like reading the book so he wants us to essentially transcribe
the whole thing for him here, bit by bit, so he doesn't have to
inconvenience himself by actually checking out the material he
insists on complaining about. I don't know about you, but I don't
have time to rewrite the entire book for one person who won't even
try to check it out for himself.

Dave Washburn
http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur
"Ich veranlassenarbeitenworken mein Mojo."