b-hebrew - Re[2]: yrw$lym

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re[2]: yrw$lym
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 10:19:03 -0400

Well, if you don't trust Rohl and/or Kitchen, go and look for
yourself. According to Rohl, this inscription is still in situ at the
top of a building in Thebes. Rohl also has photos, and his book is
cheaper than a special trip to Egypt. You may not like others'
interpretations of the archaeological data, but that is no reason to
dispute the facts they present.

By the way, what are the non-scholarly motivations you are suggesting?
Rohl has presumably made money from his book. But why are you
questioning Kitchen?

Peter Kirk