b-hebrew - Re: The "times" of Isaiah

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Rolf Furuli <furuli AT online.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: The "times" of Isaiah
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 10:23:21 +0200

Dear Peter,

Before I comment on your post I have two questions:

(1) Isaiah 44:12-17: Are you saying that the relationship between the
reference time and the deictic point of the WAYYIQTOLs is different from
that of the YIQTOLs and? And similarly with the QATALs and the WEQATALs?

(2) In your opinion, what are the criteria for the differentiation between
WEQATAL (as a conjugation separate from QATAL) and WE-QATAL as a part of
the QATAL conjugation?

Regards
Rolf

Rolf Furuli