b-hebrew - Re: New stuff on verbless clauses

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: GregStffrd AT aol.com
  • To: dwashbur AT nyx.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: New stuff on verbless clauses
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 16:38:37 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 1:03:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time, dwashbur AT nyx.net
writes:

<< As far as I know, the most recent study of any size dealing with
Hebrew verbless clauses is still F. Andersen's "Hebrew Verbless
Clause in the Pentateuch," which aside from being over 20 years
old is also out of print (I do have a copy, however). Has anything
more recent been published on this subject (preferrably in English;
German takes me forever to fumble through)?

Thanks,

Dave Washburn >>

Dear Dave:

The collection of essays in The Verbless Clause in Biblical Hebrew:
Linguistic Approaches, ed. Cynthia Miller (LInguistic Studies in Ancient West
Semitic 1; Winona Lake, Indiana: Eisenbrauns, 1999), are excellent, and
should be consulted for any study dealing with the Hebrew verbless clause.

Greg Stafford