b-hebrew - Re[2]: Secret Codes

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT sil.org
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, <hyle AT airmail.net>
  • Subject: Re[2]: Secret Codes
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 10:27:56 -0400

Dear Will,

I don't wish to support Jim West's prejudiced views. But I think you
also need to be "tentative and respectful" rather than asserting that
others' statements "are false", and that they are wandering outside
their areas of expertise when you don't know what those areas of
expertise are.

Please can you submit examples of supposedly
"statistically-significant codes" so that I and others on the list
with suitable training can examine whether they really are
statistically significant.

Peter Kirk
MA in Physics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge (in
addition to qualifications in theology)