b-hebrew - Re: offlist- again

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "yahua'sef" <gs02wmr AT panther.Gsu.EDU>
  • To: Jim West <jwest AT highland.net>
  • Cc: Biblical Hebrew List <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: offlist- again
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 15:48:53 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 3 May 1999, Jim West wrote:
> your funny. you really do exemplify the invincible ignorance so common
> among dilettantes of all ages.
> your really an idiot arent you? you are required to learn these langauges
> because most of the work done in biblical studies has been written in german
> and french, and not english.

Shalom. This forwarded message is for entertainment and informational
purposes only. As Mr. Jim West, a self-proclaimed Pastor, a man of the
cloth, writes to me in private and gets his kicks out of deriding me and
my character, it is a shame to think in the public forum he would
try to radiate the persona of a mature, responsible, scholar. WHy do
people fall for this?

He says everyone is required to take German or French - this as another
person on the listserv writes to me in private and admits that he/she has
2 GRADUATE DEGREES and has NEVER had to take a lick of French or German.

So....are we to assume that Mr. West is a masochistic intellectual, and
enjoys preying on the younger and less experienced, which is where he
derives his pleasure from? Let's read further and amass the bountiful
wisdom of Mr. West...

> At first you annoyed me with your ignorance, and now I simply find you
> comical and pathetic.
> Best,
> Jim

As we can see, the good "Pastor" has opted to take on the
repertoire of one Beelzebub/Shaitan/Eblis and ostracize others in his
spare time, careful to hide his comments from the Hebrew list where he
would like to be seen as a meticulous, intelligent, and mature individual
who who has a sizable command over the Hebrew language and Semantics in
general.

Ad hominum is a weak, insecure form of harassment. If Mr. West does not
desist in his diatribe's, I will report him to the proper ISP authorities
- and I would hope the Hebrew Bible List would also take appropriate
action to reprimand this individual from making further attacks against
the subscribed users who are here, ironically, to learn.

Shalom.

Wondell M. Rachman

  • Re: offlist- again, yahua'sef, 05/03/1999