b-hebrew - Re: Tidbits from Ruth

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: peter_kirk AT SIL.ORG
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Tidbits from Ruth
  • Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 23:50:57 -0400

See my interleaved answers to Rolf's questions.

If the rest of the hundreds of examples of non-sequential wayyiqtol
which he claims to have found (in narrative) were no more certain than
these, I would have to conclude that there is no definite evidence for
any non-sequential wayyiqtol (in narrative) apart from the well-known
cases of hendiadys.

Peter Kirk