b-hebrew - Re: K-B LEX

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Marcio L Redondo <mredondo AT liverpool.ac.uk>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: K-B LEX
  • Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 01:46:48 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

Eisenbrauns also sells used books. You can check them at
http://www.eisenbrauns.com/used.html . The list of used books is updated
often (every one or two weeks).

They have one drawback, however. You have to read all the list (with hundreds
of books) everytime you visit that page, unless of course you are looking for
a specific book. This is just a hint of something that works fine for me and
saves me a lot of time when checking Eisenbrauns used book page. Every two or
three weeks I visit that page. In order not to have to read all the list
(most of the books are repeated from the previous update), I just use
Control-A to highlight the whole page in my browser and then I transfer the
content of that page into my wordprocessor (WordPerfect in my case). Because
I have stored in my hard drive a copy of the previous page update, I just use
the "compare documents" feature of WordPerfect (I guess Word for Windows has
something similar). Deleted text is displayed as strikeout text. Added and
moved text is displayed as redline text. After reading the redline text (new
books added to the list), I restore the document to the way it looked before
the comparison, that is, I have the document in the exact form it now appears
on the web page and save it for future comparison. For me it is very
convenient.

Regards,

Marcio

Marcio L. Redondo

E-mail: mredondo AT liverpool.ac.uk
Fax: +44 151 794 2226
Phone: +44 151 280 1095
Address: 26 Springwood Avenue
Liverpool L19 4TX
England

  • K-B LEX, Gregory and Carol Yeager, 03/17/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: K-B LEX, Brady R. Johnson, 03/18/1999
    • Re: K-B LEX, Marcio L Redondo, 03/19/1999