b-hebrew - The Priestly Writer's Masterpiece--"The Alias of Yahweh"

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
  • To: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: The Priestly Writer's Masterpiece--"The Alias of Yahweh"
  • Date: 25 Feb 99 10:10:07 -0800

Friends and Colleagues:

Your are cordially invited to seminar. The topic the Priestly Writer's
thesis: "El" was Yahweh's patriarchal alias. Let's make our goal to get at
the historical intention of the idea.

If you don't already know the Priestly Writer, this will show you his mind
and his soul and the power of the his thought. He was a religious genius.
At least I think so, once you understanding him.

Let's have nice, informal discussion but intelligent discursion about as
among the most influential ideas that emerged in ancient Israel.

Thank you.

Cordially,

Lloyd Barre

P.S. Have a nice day.

Lloyd M. Barre, Ph.D.

barre AT c-zone.net
http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael

  • The Priestly Writer's Masterpiece--"The Alias of Yahweh", Lloyd Barre, 02/25/1999