b-hebrew - Re: Image of Adam

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark & Mary Markham" <markhamm AT topsurf.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Image of Adam
  • Date: Wed, 17 Feb 1999 08:53:56 +0100

Considering the object is not the same in the statements allows for a dif
theologically. Adam was mared by the fall. The sin nature was passed to
Seth. When you attempt to define "image" I believe it sheds light on the
passage. Adam was now mortal (yet designed and destined for eternity)-- so
were his offspring.

You can only take the Hebrew so far here, but the object is dif-- like a
photocopy of a photocopy.

What do you think?