b-hebrew - Re: Joshua, the First King of Israel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: ben.crick AT argonet.co.uk (Ben Crick)
  • To: jwest AT highland.net
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Joshua, the First King of Israel
  • Date: Tue, 9 Feb 99 18:22:55

On Tue 9 Feb 99 (07:40:01 +0000), jwest AT highland.net wrote:
> Amazing that in a day when the monarchy and the other traditions of Israel
> are being pushed closer to the Maccabean era you attempt to shove it
> further into the past. But I would submit that not even the traditions
> of the Bible suggest that Joshua was a king.

Jim:

I wonder if Lloyd means the Joshua associated with Zerubbabel in
Zechariah chapters 3 and 4, and Haggai? (I ask this without having
surfed Lloyd's website). Joshua was crowned (TsaNiYPh), Zech 3:5, not
Zerubbabel. Whatever happened to Zerubbabel? Was he executed for high
treason, for crowning Joshua as a Davidic king (the Branch, TseMaC)?

Shalom,
Ben
--
Revd Ben Crick, BA CF