b-hebrew - Re: Joshua, the First King of Israel

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jim West <jwest AT Highland.Net>
  • To: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Joshua, the First King of Israel
  • Date: Tue, 09 Feb 1999 07:40:01 +0000

At 11:48 AM 2/8/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear List Members,
>
>I have posted a brief essay in which I contend that the historical Joshua
was the first king of Israel. You may get to the essay through the
following link:

Amazing that in a day when the monarchy and the other traditions of Israel
are being pushed closer to the Maccabean era you attempt to shove it further
into the past. But I would submit that not even the traditions of the
Bible suggest that Joshua was a king.

Best,

Jim

Jim West, ThD