b-hebrew - Shaping of the Psalter

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Matthew Anstey" <manstey AT portal.ca>
  • To: "Miqra" <miqra AT shemesh.scholar.emory.edu>
  • Cc: "B-Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Shaping of the Psalter
  • Date: Mon, 8 Feb 1999 16:03:24 -0800

Gday,

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a good bibliography on the
canonical shape of the Psalter. What do people think of the works of
Wilson, Eaton, Arens, and Gillingham's works? And finally, is Day's comments
"There is now general agreement that [the psalm] headings should not be
taken as factually authentic" in JSOT OT Guide accurate? Who are the
dissenters?

Thanks for your help. With regards,
Matthew Anstey