b-hebrew - Re: Megiddo

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin W. Woodruff" <cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net>
  • To: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
  • Cc: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: Megiddo
  • Date: Mon, 08 Feb 1999 08:25:37 -0500

Lloyd:

Pritchard (based upon Yadin) dates them (they are found in Stratum IV) to
the 9th century B.C..There seems to be some debate as to if they are
actually stables. They may be warehouses or barracks.

Source:

Davies, Graham I._ Megiddo._ Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 1986. pages 92-94

At 02:37 PM 2/7/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Dear All,
>
>Does anyone out there know the dating for and the capacity of the stables
at Megiddo?

>Thanks,
>
>Lloyd M. Barre, Ph.D.
>
>barre AT c-zone.net
>http://www.angelfire.com/ca2/AncientIsrael
>
>"Do I dare
> Disturb the universe?"
>
> T.S. Eliot from, "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock." (1917)
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to b-hebrew as: cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')
>To subscribe, send an email to join-b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu.

Kevin W. Woodruff, M.Div.
Library Director/Reference Librarian
Professor of New Testament Greek
Cierpke Memorial Library
1815 Union Ave.
Chattanooga, Tennessee 37404
United States of America
423/493-4252 (office)
423/698-9447 (home)
423/493-4497 (FAX)
Cierpke AT utc.campuscw.net (preferred)
kwoodruf AT utkux.utcc.utk.edu (alternate)

  • Megiddo, Lloyd Barre, 02/07/1999
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Megiddo, Kevin W. Woodruff, 02/08/1999