b-hebrew - Black and White

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Kevin L. Barney" <klbarney AT yahoo.com>
  • To: b-hebrew
  • Subject: Black and White
  • Date: Mon, 1 Feb 1999 12:17:0

A friend on another list posed the following question. I do not have an
answer; does anyone have any thoughts on this?

"A question for the Hebrew literate. We have the expression in English that
things are "black and white" using the opposition between the colors as
indicative of the separation of two other concepts. Is there any idiom used
in Biblical Hebrew that conveys that same meaning?"

(I intend to forward any good responses unless the poster directs me not to
do so.)

Kevin L. Barney
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
klbarney AT yahoo.com