b-hebrew - Re: The Origins of the Divided Monarchy

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: The Origins of the Divided Monarchy
  • Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 13:09:49 -0500

Dear Lloyd,

It all began when ten sons hated the favored eleventh.

Shalom,
Bryan

----------
> From: Lloyd Barre <barre AT c-zone.net>
> To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
> Subject: The Origins of the Divided Monarchy
> Date: Thursday, January 28, 1999 3:27 PM

Dear List Members,

How do people explain historically the separate corporate identities that
came to be expressed in the political emergence of the dual monarchies
commonly know as the "Divided Monarchy? To what extend were they
previously "divided," when did this "division" arise, and factors
contributed to its genesis? As far as I know, this basic question that is
aimed at explaining and defining the historical, social, political and
religious aspects of this dualistic situation has not been a topic of
focus. Clearly it came to exist and clearly it did originate by
spontaneous generation in the 10th century BCE. How can it be explained?
<end quote>

B. M. Rocine
Associate Pastor
Living Word Church