b-hebrew - Re: Flood Narrative [was: JEDP not supported?]

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Bryan Rocine" <596547 AT ican.net>
  • To: "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Flood Narrative [was: JEDP not supported?]
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 18:04:11 -0500

Dear Harry,

Greetings from snowy Syracuse! We've had a break the last week. Warm
weather has put the banks down to waist-high!

I also mentioned Longacre's article. It's hard to come by. It was printed
in the full version of _Journal of the American Academy of Religion,
XLVII/1_ in 1979 under the title "The Discourse of the Flood Narrative."
Did Longacre consult you on the article?

Shalom,
Bryan

you wrote:

> Dr. Robert Longacre presented an article on the flood narrative from a
> non-Indo-european discourse perspective. I believe it was presented at
> an SBL meeting many years ago. Does anyone have ready access to the
> bibliographic information? If it is not readily available and if anyone
> is interested I can dig through my files to try to find the information.

B. M. Rocine
Associate Pastor
Living Word Church
6101 Court St. Rd.