b-hebrew - Re: Why Not?

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Mark & Mary Markham" <markhamm AT topsurf.com>
  • To: "Lloyd Barre" <barre AT c-zone.net>, "Biblical Hebrew" <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Why Not?
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jan 1999 22:09:18 +0100

Dear Lloyd,

Exactly what is the proposition? Are you proposing that El and Yahweh are
one--the same person? Do you propose a distinction between the two? Or is
your position one that says Yahweh is a mixture of El and '?' ? Your most
recent post on the topic has clouded my understanding of your thrust.

Inquiring minds...

Sincerely,

Mark Markham