b-hebrew - Re: Nomadic Scribes? (Peter, Ian)

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Ian Hutchesson <mc2499 AT mclink.it>
  • To: Biblical Hebrew <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Nomadic Scribes? (Peter, Ian)
  • Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 01:46:40 +0100

>Note to Ian - Ian you asked some questions in your last that I already had
answered in
>a previous note. If you no longer have it, you can easily find the
answers for
>yourself by reading the first six chapters of Joshua

Actually, I have read the text. What has a text datable at best to 2nd
century BCE got to do with the 13th century BCE? Would you like to make a
case for using such a text? Would you use the Morte d'Arthur for pre-Saxon
England?

>(you need to explain the grain).

From my previous post:

>[3] not plundered of grain

I could find no comments on grain in the Joshua account. This point might
be important to you but seems totally irrelevant to me.

In the same post I also dealt with most of your other grievances posed in
your previous post regarding the hypothetical fall of Jericho as outlined
in Joshua.

>I also gave you a quote from Kenyon re. Jericho's walls that you apparently
>overlooked.

Kenyon didn't uncover the walls of Jericho and therefore didn't know much
about them.

Ian