b-hebrew - HaPaK

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Brent Lynn Emery" <BRENT.LYNN.EMERY AT prodigy.net>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: HaPaK
  • Date: Wed, 18 Nov 1998 20:07:18 -0800

To Ben and Paul, I think the word HaPaK is used in Jonah if my memory serves me and is in fact one of the key words in the book. Jonah wants Nineveh to think that in 40 days (LXX has three) that they will be "overturned" which in fact they are but not in the way Jonah wanted. Have a paper that you both may be interested in that goes further into this if you are interested. Shalom, Brent

  • HaPaK, Brent Lynn Emery, 11/18/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: HaPaK, Ben Crick, 11/19/1998