b-hebrew - Re: Old Testament Introduction

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: "Lewis Reich" <LBR AT sprynet.com>
  • To: <b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Old Testament Introduction
  • Date: Sat, 31 Oct 1998 19:58:35 -0500

On 31 Oct 98, at 14:46, Lemuel G. Abarte wrote:

> What puzzles me in this thread is that there is an obvious presupposition
> that a Jewish perspective exists. If to imply that there is a core or
> common perspective, I would be most surprised.

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. Could you
please clarify? It sounds as if you are suggesting that it
does not make sense to assume that there exists a Jewish
perspective on text that might differ from a Christian
perspective.

Lewis Reich
LBR AT sprynet.com

  • Old Testament Introduction, Lemuel G. Abarte, 10/31/1998
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Old Testament Introduction, Lewis Reich, 10/31/1998