b-hebrew - Shoebox 4 for Windows and Macintosh is now available!

b-hebrew AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Biblical Hebrew Forum

  • From: Jonathan Robie <jonathan AT texcel.no>
  • To: b-hebrew AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Shoebox 4 for Windows and Macintosh is now available!
  • Date: Thu, 17 Sep 1998 10:16:33 -0400

I saw this on the SIL web site. Here's their blurb:

Shoebox 4 for Windows and Macintosh is now available!

Shoebox is a database management program designed especially
for use by field linguists. It is especially good at interlinearizing
text and developing lexicons. It can also be used for cataloging
field notes, anthropological information, and grammatical information.

It looks like it might be useful for some people on this list. Shoebox can
be found at:

http://www.sil.org/computing/shoebox.html

There is a self-paced tutorial for Shoebox at:

http://www.sil.org/computing/cbt/

I haven't used the program, so I can't tell you anything beyond what I read
on the web pages.

Jonathan

jonathan AT texcel.no
Texcel Research