anima - [Anima Dance] the Field at Tanzfabrik

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] the Field at Tanzfabrik
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2010 01:51:55 +0100

Hi Y'all-

Go Berlin! Didn't know you could snow like this before winter even started... impressed.

In other news, The Field Berlin, my artists-services-organization-feedback-giving-independent-artist-supporting machine of a pet project, is starting a partnership with Tanzfabrik. (yippee!) We'll have our first Fieldwork session at Tanzfabrik this spring- more info follows. To help spread the word, you can also like The Field Berlin on facebook at

thanks and wintry love to you all-

Rachel

Fieldwork at Tanzfabrik

Thursdays 03.03.-31.03.11, 12-14 Uhr

OPEN SHOWING OF WORK: 08.04.10, 20:00

Tanzfabrik
Möckernstr 68, Berlin Kreuzberg

Artists will gather for five weekly meetings to show work and receive rigorous, supportive feedback following the Fieldwork feedback method, followed by a public performance of the participants’ work at Tanzfabrik. This method has been used and loved by professional artists/choreographers at all stages of their careers as well as artists beginning their first choreographic experiments. It is not limited to dancemakers, but open to all art form.

The Field is an artists’ support organization based in NYC. The Berlin site was founded in 2009  to ”support artists in the development of their work and to combat the isolation which often comes with an artistic career” (from thefield.org).

Why participate?
• Gain new insight into your artwork
• Be motivated by a weekly deadline
• Hone your critical perception
 Show your work to a wide public at Tanzfabrik

total cost: 105 Euros

to register email thefieldberlin at gmail.com

The Field Berlin //
Rachel Brooker, site coordinator //

Rachel Brooker

  • [Anima Dance] the Field at Tanzfabrik, Rachel Brooker, 12/20/2010