anima - [Anima Dance] Film and Field

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Film and Field
  • Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 17:13:16 +0200

Hi Y'all-

It's summer in Berlin!
3 things from me. a FILM, the FIELD, and YOGA.

1. My dance film Invitation won the audience choice award at Clip Club in May (woo hoo!).

and as a result is showing at the Eiszeit Kino from June 25 to July 25. It will run as the pre-film entertainment (it's 10 minutes long) at the 20:45 screenings of "Das Summen der Insekten", Wednesdays through Sundays. I'm quite looking forward to seeing it on the big screen, and I hope Summer of the Insects won't creep me out. snicker.

I'll be going to see it in the next three weeks, I'll send an email so you can come along on the same day if you like. :)

2. The next Fieldwork Session has been scheduled:

September 7-October 5, 12 to 2pm,
open showing October 9th at 8:30 pm

in cooperation with and in the studios of
Tanzfabrik
Möckernstr 68, Berlin Kreuzberg

This is a weekly meeting and showing of work by a group of artists, performers and writers of all genres and a chance to receive rigorous, supportive feedback following the Fieldwork feedback method (more information about The Field Berlin HERE.).

Pre-registration is open! email thefieldberlin@gmail.com with questions or to hold your place.

3. aaaaand I have begun  more new yoga classes- check my schedule here. My teacher just visited Berlin and taught a workshop and it was so cool. I am totally re-inspired by this incredibly deep and playful act of practicing and teaching yoga... I'd love to see you in a class. All courses are 6 Euros for the first class except where marked.

hugs, kisses and extrem sonnige und warme Grüße,

rachel

p.s. Go Deutschland! (in a fully non-nationalistic way of course)

  • [Anima Dance] Film and Field, Rachel Brooker, 07/04/2010