anima - [Anima Dance] The Field Berlin- starting September 7th

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: The Field Berlin <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] The Field Berlin- starting September 7th
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 00:22:13 +0200

Hi All!

The Field Berlin will start a Fieldwork session in a week- you can register now!

THE FIELD BERLIN

THE FIELD is a service organization for independent artists originally founded in NYC in 1985. Offering FIELDWORK, a professional workshop for all artists working in or interested in performance, THE FIELD is now coming to Berlin!

FIELDWORK
 provides an important opportunity for artists to share their work with other working artists and get feedback in a supportive and rigorous atmosphere. It creates a highly charged space for experimentation and the development of ideas. FIELDWORK is a place to try things out, generate material, and challenge yourself to articulate your vision and get your work out into the world!

FIELDWORK supports the development of new work. At each meeting (7 meetings over the course of 7 weeks), participants present their works-in-progress and exchange feedback. Guided by a facilitator, discussions are incisive and stimulating. The workshop will culminate in a publicized and produced performance/exhibition.

FIELDWORK is open to ALL ARTISTS!! We believe a mixed discipline group will instigate rich insights and dynamic discussions. We welcome choreographers, dancers, painters, authors, theater directors, actors, filmmakers, sculptors, video artists, etc.

• Gain new insight into your artwork
• Be motivated by a weekly deadline
• Hone your critical perception

"Wendy Lasica founded The Field in 1985 as a performance space in Soho. The Field creates programs to help artists improve their artwork and counter the isolation that often comes with the territory of an artistic career.
The Field's mission is to serve independent performing artists on a completely non-exclusive basis. This means that everything we do is open to artists from all aesthetic viewpoints, cultural backgrounds, and levels of development. Our priority is to create a climate where risk-taking and originality are championed, and where the broadest range of voices are included. Field programs are affordable, accessible, and rigorous. To support independent performing artists, The Field's programs are directed toward the creation of new work and its dissemination." (www.thefield.org)

Facilitated by Rachel Brooker.

Information

When             Mondays 07.09.09 – 20.10.09,19:00-21:00,
                       Final Showing 28.10.09, 20:30 (open to the public)

Where           schwelle 7
                       Uferstraße 6
                       13357 Berlin Wedding
                        www.schwelle7.de

Costs             120 Euros, 80 Euros for students/ermäßigt

Info/Registration      Isabel Lewis,  thefieldberlin@gmail.com

To reserve your place and register, email us at thefieldberlin@gmail.com. Space is limited!

Best,

Rachel

The Field Berlin
http://www.animadance.org/projects/thefieldberlin.htm

  • [Anima Dance] The Field Berlin- starting September 7th, The Field Berlin, 08/30/2009