anima - [Anima Dance] Invitation and Oh Beautiful- two shows this weekend

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: "Rachel Brooker" <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: "anima dance" <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Invitation and Oh Beautiful- two shows this weekend
  • Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 23:26:33 +0200

Hi Everyone-

I´m showing my work this weekend in Berlin two days in a row- Invitation/Einladung, an interactive group piece, shows Saturday night, and Oh Beautiful: My Patriot Act, a new solo, shows Sunday afternoon at an open rehearsal followed by feedback session.

Invitation/Einladung
(formerly known as Leaking,)
an interactive work for eight dancers and a musician
will show again in Berlin, as an installation at
The Liminal Experience
Saturday, June 30, Entry 22:00-24:00,
schwelle sieben, Uferstr. 6, Wedding, Berlin ( www.schwellesieben.de).

This is an invitation to touch
anywhere on exposed skin.
You are free to touch
or not to touch.
Please enter the space...

Dies ist eine Einladung
unbedeckte Haut zu berühren.
Sie können berühren oder
der Berührung zuschauen.
Bitte treten Sie ein...

For more: http://www.schwellesieben.de/program_en.htm#party
or my new house blog: http://skizumberlin.wordpress.com/

AND

Oh Beautiful: My Patriot Act
(in collaboration with cinematographer Chris King)
will show at an open rehearsal

Sunday, July 1st at 3pm,
Mime Centrum, 73 Schönhauserallee 2. hof Erdgeschoss, Prenzlauer Berg, Berlin.
The showing will be followed by a feedback session in the style of The Field (www.thefield.org).

You're supposed to stand behind a nation when it suffers a misfortune of this magnitude, but here the "misfortune" is so hard-wired into the American system, the American way of life, that you'd be standing behind the problem, taking off your hat in honour of the problem, remaining, for two minutes, silent about the problem while the problem lays a floral wreath at the fresh grave of the problem.  -Nathan Fuhr/Momus

Thanks to Mime Centrum, Berlin for their support of both works.

best,
Rachel

  • [Anima Dance] Invitation and Oh Beautiful- two shows this weekend, Rachel Brooker, 06/25/2007