anima - [Anima Dance] Partnering Workshop this Saturday

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <brooker.rachel@gmail.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Partnering Workshop this Saturday
  • Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 14:56:51 -0400

Hi Everyone--
Last chance to register for The Mechanics of Partnering! Registration will close Thursday, September 22.

Hope you're all well!
Rachel

The Mechanics of Partnering: a Creative Body workshop

Saturday, September 24, 1-3:30 pm
Wellness Partners in the Arts, 319 W. Main St, Durham, NC
www.wpadurham.com
In this workshop, we will focus on the mechanics of weight and balance in partnered movement. We'll develop skills in giving and receiving body weight, center of gravity awareness, and how best to avoid injury when dancing with a partner. We'll progress to learning more complex lifts, and develop our own short duets. This workshop is ideal for both the seasoned partner and the mover who wants to learn new partnering skills. Some dance or martial arts experience recommended.
$35, $30 for registrations received before September 17.
Scholarships and work-study available.
To register, email rachel_brooker@yahoo.com.

For more information, visit

www.animadance.org.

  • [Anima Dance] Partnering Workshop this Saturday, Rachel Brooker, 09/20/2005