anima - [Anima Dance] Performances at DAC, ADF- Creative Body workshop at 9th St Dance

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <rachel_brooker@yahoo.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>, nc dance alliance <ncdancealliance@yahoogroups.com>, dance forum triangle <triangledanceforum@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Performances at DAC, ADF- Creative Body workshop at 9th St Dance
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:13:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All--
We'll be performing the final version of Field Well twice this month (both shows are free!) and teaching another Creative Body workshop July 9th. Please join us!

Rachel

Field Well at Multiple Exposure: Dance and Images
Friday, June 17 and Saturday, June 18th, 8 pm
(Anima Dance is performing June 18th ONLY-- there is a different program each night.)
Durham Arts Council PSI Theater
Curated by Steve Clarke, dance photographer, with photography exhibit.
FREE!

Field Well at Acts to Follow, American Dance Festival
Satuday, June 25th, 6-7 pm
Baldwin Auditorium, Duke University East Campus
ADF spotlights North Carolina choreographers.
FREE!

Creative Body: Breath and Alignment

Saturday, July 9th, 3:30-5:30 pm

Ninth Street Dance, 1920 ½ Perry St, Durham, NC

www.ninthstreetdance.com, (919) 286-6011

In this workshop, access your inner power as a mover by focusing on the breath and aligning your body in a healthy way. We'll redirect our attention to the natural weight of the body through solo, partnered and group exercises that deal with the body both as a physical and as a creative entity. You'll finish the workshop feeling invigorated, sweaty, and inspired by the power of your own body. Teacher Rachel Brooker draws on her experience in a variety of dance and bodywork techniques to create her supportive, transformative teaching technique.

$20. email rachel_brooker@yahoo.com or visit www.ninthstreetdance.com with questions.

  • [Anima Dance] Performances at DAC, ADF- Creative Body workshop at 9th St Dance, Rachel Brooker, 06/07/2005