anima - [Anima Dance] Anima Dance workshops, shows

anima@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Anima Dance

  • From: Rachel Brooker <rachel_brooker@yahoo.com>
  • To: anima dance <anima@lists.ibiblio.org>, nc dance alliance <ncdancealliance@yahoogroups.com>, dance forum triangle <triangledanceforum@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: [Anima Dance] Anima Dance workshops, shows
  • Date: Tue, 10 May 2005 07:27:20 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All--
There are two spaces left in the Creative Body partnering workshop coming up this Saturday, May 14th-- for more information, see below.

Anima Dance will be premiering the finished version of Field Well at Multiple Exposure: Dance and Images, June 18th, 8 pm at the Durham Arts Council. We'll show the piece again the following weekend at the American Dance Festival's Acts to Follow on June 25th, 6-7 pm, Baldwin Auditorium, Duke East Campus.  Both of these performances also feature the work of many other beautiful dancers and choreographers. We are in the process of adding dancers and continuing to develop our piece. Please come out to see our work!

My first summer workshop will be Creative Body: Breath and Alignment, at Ninth Street Dance, July 9th from 3:30-5:30 pm. Beginners are welcome. For more information, visit www.ninthstreetdance.com or email rachel_brooker@yahoo.com. (Description below.)

Best to everyone. I hope you're enjoying spring!
Rachel

Momentum and Meaning: Weight and Intention in Partnering

a Creative Body workshop, Saturday, May 14th, 1-4 pm

Stargrass Studio for Movement Arts, 3103 Pump Station Lane, Durham

In this workshop, we will explore the power of weight and momentum in solo and partnered movement, and will deal with both the mechanics and the poetics of partnering. This workshop is ideal for both the seasoned partner and the dancer who is uncomfortable with partnering and wants to learn new skills. Teacher Rachel Brooker draws on her experience in a variety of dance and bodywork techniques to create her supportive, transformative teaching technique.

$35 (Scholarships and work-study available).

For more information, directions, or to register contact rachel_brooker@yahoo.com.

Creative Body: Breath and Alignment

Ninth Street Dance, 1920 1/2 Perry St, Durham. July 9th from 3:30-5:30 pm

In this workshop, access your inner power as a mover by focusing on the breath and aligning your bodies in a healthy way. We'll refocus our attention on the natural weight of the body and the breath through solo, partnered and group exercises that deal with the body both as a physical and as a creative entity. You'll finish the workshop feeling invigorated, sweaty, and inspired by the power of your own body. Teacher Rachel Brooker draws on her experience in a variety of dance and bodywork techniques to create her supportive, transformative teaching technique.

$20

For more information or to register visit www.ninthstreetdance.com.

  • [Anima Dance] Anima Dance workshops, shows, Rachel Brooker, 05/10/2005